I am on Sleeve 2 of the Mosaic Jersey.
I've also promised to make a pink hippopotamus for a breast cancer charity, and there's another baby on the way in my knitting club. That means some sort of animal. And my colleague who sits next to me is having a baby as well and I think she should have something, though maybe not an animal in this case as she already has a little lad of fourish and I feel I'd have to make one for him too, whereas baby hat type things don't create jealousy.
Also in my queue is this yarn for a hat.
It's an extraordinarily soft merino sock yarn.
My plan is:
- Cast on say 150 with a small needle and the dark brown as the base colour, using Techknitter's clever and convenient tubular cast-on for 1x1 rib. This gives a totally ridgeless edge.
- Join into the round and make about 3cm of 1x1 rib.
- Introduce the variegated blue-green and work a Fair Isle diamond pattern I've designed on squared paper which uses the blue-green as stained glass and the brown as leading.
- Carry on till it seems long enough.
- Then I'll have to make a decision about the top. I could gather the top, as is done with a fairisle hat made in Norway that I own. Or I could work decreases into the fairisle pattern, perhaps by extending the diamonds into some sort of flame shape. Or I could stop the colour pattern and go back to using one colour or the other only, before working decreases for the top.
But for this week, I'm still on Sleeve 2.