Sunday 24 October 2010

Nature Watch

No pictures, I'm afraid, it was too dark.

I just got home from the Eton milonga (I had a lot of fun, so much so that I got into one of those flaps right at the end - overexcited and totally flustered and unnecessarily running for my train). And as I turned into my flats I saw the vixen who lives here. That's not unusual at all, she is not much concerned with humans and will sometimes stand still, watchful, until you approach within a few feet. But this time she trotted away at a much greater distance than usual, and when she turned into a garden I saw that perhaps this was because of the little one, half her size, that emerged from between the cars and followed her in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn - missed it, the didn't advertise enough ... I really think the monthly Eton milonga is a hidden treasure ... how was it this time?

Yes, I always run for the last train with the locals looking concerned at me as if I'm running for a fire-engine for my house on fire or something ...

msHedgehog said...

Hi - It had a really nice energy this time and was packed; and a lot of good dancers. It was Melina and Detlef giving the workshops/demo. That's why I went (it's a long way for me).

Anonymous said...

First one I've missed for a while, the Eton milonga can be relied upon to deliver exactly what it says on the tin:
Varied selection of beautiful traditional Tango music
Friendly welcome & atmosphere
Considerate floorcraft

Tangocommuter said...

Oh that sprint for the last train... & there's always plenty of time: I end up with ten minutes on the platform: ten minutes, a whole tanda I've missed. The worst way to end an evening, leaving the milonga while there's still lots of dancing, the stress of getting the last train, and then having to sit on the thing half the night...

msHedgehog said...

@TC - well - I had actually quit while I was winning, lovely tanda and then reluctant to take risks with the next one, so it was a fine time to leave. I needn't have run, though. My friend's watch must have been fast. Or I ran a lot faster than I thought I could, because of the excitement. I certainly got hot!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! I hardly ever see foxes now we live in the nearly-country. They are much more bold in the town, trotting down the middle of roads under streetlamp light. I saw a rat the other day, but no one wants to hear about that sort of wildlife!