Wednesday 26 May 2010

Big smile

I had a wonderful time at Les Cigales, I came back with a big smile on my face. Being on the Cote D'Azur in May had a lot to do with it, although the dancing was the main thing. I also took the cable-car up Mount Faron to look at the view and just sat there alone for an hour or two: it was marvellous and reminded me how happy I can be just by myself, as did my visit to the Musée Maritime.

I looked down on the naval base and thought of its founder, Henri IV, who besides his enthusiasm for women and disdain for soap, is affectionately remembered for his concern with infrastructure and the prosperity of the French peasant. And who is also reputed to have said four of the wisest words in European history, "Paris vaut une Messe", "Paris is worth a Mass".

I'll write it up in the usual format (necessarily a summary as it goes on for four days) but that could take a while.

No comments: