Monday 6 July 2009

The Dancing Flower encounters Pugliese

This week in Silly, the flower attempts Pugliese, memorably described as "the mescaline of tango". Like most people, it struggles a bit. We tried Rondando Tu Esquina first, but it didn't really work; the flower just went bananas, with boring results. As you might expect with mescaline, really. Nochero Soy is a personal favourite of mine, and works slightly better, but the flower is still at least as puzzled as most people as to what it's supposed to do with this stuff, and freezes in the quiet bits.



No one took any notice of the wooden flowers (except to dispute their species) so this week it's birthday cards. If you gave me one you might recognise it.

6 comments:

Game Cat said...

I can't believe you did that.

One of my favourite Puglieses.

Now I will never be able to listen to Nochero Soy without thinking of that manically grinning flower. :-(

Please keep him/her/it AWAY from D'Agostino and Troilo, thank you very much.

msHedgehog said...

@Gamecat,you deserve a prize for beating Ghost AND DavidBailey to the first comment.

Pugliese makes the flower happy! Even if it is on drugs.

Sorry ;) I haven't got any D'Agostino or Troilo, and I only use music I own - I think I need to borrow Poema from someone though.

msHedgehog said...

And there are two blue jays, for you, two posts down.

Game Cat said...

Thank you for the blue jays.

Incidentally, the DF looks like a carnivorous species. And nocturnal too (hence the shades). Watch your toes in the dark when you go to sleep.

Anonymous said...

This is by far my favorite of the series. I think I've actually danced Pugliese with DF!

msHedgehog said...

@gamecat - and as a nocturnal carnivorous species yourself ... Those leaves do look a little hairy.
@johanna - I'm imagining it.