Wednesday 30 April 2008

Three Cheers

Hooray! I went out this evening and had a really nice evening. I'll be shattered tomorrow, is the only problem. I won't be able to go to sleep for at least another hour. But I feel like dancing again and I feel much more cheerful about myself and my dancing in several ways.

Something happened that will amuse people who know me. I roused on* someone who had inattentively broken a promise to me. With an exact description of what he had done, lively gestures, and feedback including a loud PING! like they do on game shows when you get the answer right, I induced him to emit the words "I'm sorry," and reasonable relations resumed. We had a nice dance, later.

The nice lady, a stranger, who I had been chatting to a moment before politely paid no attention to this exchange. But at the end of the evening, she approached me, and, referring to it, said:

"That was great. Straight for the jugular - it was beautiful."

I do something well.

*Can you say "rouse on" in American? I've never seen it written on the internet.

3 comments:

tangobaby said...

I have no idea what "rouse on" means but I am sure that we are all very proud of you and whatever it was, he had it coming.

(Sometimes I watch The Office with subtitles on so that shows you my lack of knowledge on British conversational banter.)

msHedgehog said...

Well, it's pronounced with a soft 's' (not 'rowze' but 'rowsse'), and it means to reprove for bad or thoughtless behaviour.

And he did have it coming.

tangobaby said...

I probably won't ever have an opportunity to use the word and don't want to be like Renee Zellweger in pretending to have a proper British accent, but at least now I can impress someone with this knowledge.

Tangueras--and ladies in general--salute you!