Sunday 7 December 2014

Alpaca

This is what I ended up knitting for a friend's new granddaughter. I was in Lillehammer, in Norway, and I walked into a yarn shop looking for inspiration. They had some lovely sock-weight alpaca in soft colours, and on the ball band was a little drawing of a goofy alpaca face.

It looked a bit like this.


So I made one.


He's got a little tail, and a little fluffy hairdo, blue eyes, and a blanket with flowers on.


They also had some wooden circular needles with square cross-section, which are very nice to work with, and since I hadn't brought anything with me and needed to start right away, I got those too. I love Norwegian yarn shops.

There's another animal I made this year which you've missed out on because the photos were destroyed in an SD card disaster. Anyway, it was a pink and purple owl, and there's no other one like it anywhere.

1 comment:

David said...

That brought to mind the Shmoo character from the Li'l Abner comic strip http://lil-abner.com/the-shmoo/. Though I see now that the Shmoo had only the two hind legs, but the character of the beast seems apt.