Wednesday 17 July 2013

Warm and Fuzzy in Paris

A nice little video from the event I was at this weekend. (I can't see myself in this one - if I'm in it, then I'm too small to pick out, although I can see a few friends - I may well have been outside cooling down, it was very hot). Hoping the embed will work - I haven't tried to embed a Facebook video before, but since it has the 'public' setting you should be able to see it.


This type of event consists of four to six longish milongas, and usually one or more communal dinners, over three, or occasionally four, days, normally Friday to Saturday. You tend to end up with about 24 hours in total of dancing and 12 hours of sleep, and the main challenge for me is arranging to be awake, and hungry, and with food in front of me, sufficiently often over the weekend. The good food at the 'asado' on Sunday was a bonus. Concepts and complications, and a listing, from Melina, here.

I danced with people I didn't know. I danced with old men and young men, I danced with women, and men danced together as well with nobody batting an eyelid, although I'm not saying the odd fan wasn't waved. I danced and danced and danced, in very hot weather, until my prickles were all soft and fuzzy and I could only smile and not really talk much. That's me in the picture.

1 comment:

cassiel said...

Thanks for sharing... a nice video. Wish I'd been there...