As discussed on the train ... some links.
- Video playlist that walks you through most of the basic steps really, really s-l-o-w-l-y (in very easy Spanish) so you can learn them. Half an hour of this is pretty good exercise, actually.
- Monica Paz demonstrating the whole thing. Includes the bit at the end not demonstrated in the previous playlist, and shows much more clearly how it fits the music.
- Clear drawings of the whole procedure in sweet little old-time cartoony pictures, with ...
- list of the steps in order - and also the longer chacarera doble
- Diagram of chacarera doble, with little curly lines showing where you're supposed to be, instead of the cartoons.
The most likely 'gotcha' looks to me like the full (swapping places) turn and the introduction being sometimes over eight and sometimes over only six measures. (Is it consistent, so the introduction would tell us which?)
First album I found on itunes, as far as I can tell from the previews this seems to have at least one example where the full turn is over only 6 measures:
Los Mejores 13 - Folklore - Chacarera - Various Artists