Thursday 2 December 2010

Jaimito and the six-pack

Good luck to Jaimito, at Milonga Para Tres, in his experiment:

"There is a common belief among some people that it is impossible, or at least very difficult, to be in incredible shape and have a comfortable embrace. ... So right after I get stuffed tonight for Thanksgiving dinner, I'll start an experiment to get incredibly ripped, and still have a comfortable embrace, which will be verified through pictures and through the opinions of milongueras who dance with me."

Go for it! The common belief, incidentally, is bollocks. It's certainly possible to be in pretty good shape and have a great embrace. I haven't closely inspected the six-packs of any of the dancers I'm thinking of, so I can't tell you for certain how well defined they are, but I can think of several definitely fit men with definitely working tummy muscles and beautiful snuggly embraces. And fat men who you just bounce off of, boinngg.

I also happen to know that if you train in the right way, it is possible to use your tummy muscles to make the woman laugh. However, I don't advise you to try this unless you're pretty sure she's going to.

8 comments:

LimerickTango said...

So long as flexibility is maintained while muscle is being built, it shouldn't be a problem. Many of those 'ripped' gentlemen are literally muscle bound and a s stiff as a post.

msHedgehog said...

Good point. It's important to have the full range of movement. You'd probably want to keep it in mind when choosing the training plan.

Anonymous said...

A six-pack isn't necessary but for me a man has to have good muscle tone for a good embrace. I think core muscles are the key. When that's missing it can feel like embracing a balloon.

ghost said...

This also applies to women. I know a leader who gets grumpy about women who spend a lot of time at the gym but neglect their flexibility as per LimerickTango's point above.

There are definitely fit women who have lovely embraces :o)

Ellen said...

And the comment about using your tummy muscles to make women laugh sounds exactly like Detlef to me...

El Ingeniero said...

I think I'll have to challenge Jaimito to post before and after pictures of his transformation, and possibly before and after videos of his dancing!

msHedgehog said...

@Ellen - I actually know a few people who can do this - but some do it better than others ;) hehehehe

msHedgehog said...

@Ingeniero - yes! We insist! And he did say in the post that he was going to. Twice.