Monday 8 November 2010

Oo Oo! Melina on Young Men

Melina has, at least for the time being, got the blogging bug. I love her first real post, which is about how nice it is that some of the young European (and British) male dancers are bright enough to appreciate dance quality in women just as much as youth and looks. I totally agree about the guys she's talking about, they're lovely.

Melina's 2 Cents: Good news. Really.: The young men are coming! And they are different ... I want to thank all these nice young men, for being who they are and helping to create a much more agreeable Tango community.

Read the whole thing, it's an entertaining story. The only thing I can add is that it also makes the young and pretty tangueras feel better about themselves to be noticed, and to see other women noticed, at least partly for merits that go beyond the obvious. And I hope in return we can all appreciate good dancers who are men of sensibility and sense.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say that there are some of us blokes who definitely don't want to waste a good tanda with terrible dancer, no matter how nimbly they might appear to caper from their appearances.

Great posts. Lots of people telling me about detlef .. love this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJGb7glWqRs
great milonga danced very elegantly, with ease, control and contained energy.

msHedgehog said...

Hi - yes there are. Clickable link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJGb7glWqRs. I like that one too, from 2006. And the music happens to be one of my favourite milongas. The caption says that the sound is desynced from the music but for me it's all right, I think it depends on what version of Flash you have, and I used to get that a lot more in Internet Explorer so your mileage may vary.

msHedgehog said...

Good grief. What I was TRYING to say last night was, the sound is desynced from the picture. Or not, possibly depending on your Flash installation.