Tuesday 14 September 2010

iTunes AArgh

Not only do you have to tell it to use "Artist" instead of "Album Artist" - but also, you have to go through the tracks one by one - this doesn't seem to be available when you select more than one - and un-tick the thing that says "part of a compilation". Because what that actually means is "hide this artist from all the menus".

This is a pain when the ticky thing has attached itself capriciously to about half of a 10-CD set with nearly 200 tracks of tango music. Why would someone think that was a good idea? Maybe, like me, they just didn't know.

Still at least I've now worked out why I couldn't see half this stuff. And now I can - mostly - see them.

Practice playlist bug-fixes in progress.

6 comments:

El Ingeniero said...

Yeah I agree it's a complete pain in the behind! Anyone know how to downgrade (retro-upgrade?) back to the older version??

Elizabeth Brinton said...

I am pretty sure I am losing brain cells from trying to deal with this stuff all the time.
Is there a better way?
E

msHedgehog said...

@E - If there is, I haven't found it yet. But I'm slowly improving.

Freddie said...

Yes, and beware 'cos some of the tracks on CDs 4 and 5 have the wrong titles attributed to them...

msHedgehog said...

@Freddie, I'm using Mike Lavocah's track list which should have all the corrections but please say if you think he's missed any ...

Freddie said...

Hullo Mrs. H
If you're using Michael's list then it's probably OK. Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog, by the way. If you're in Munich some time then do let me know. Max Emmanuel has closed but there are plenty more venues here!